Online Health Care Administration Degrees at Methodist University
Experience a top-tier education in a flexible online format.
Request More Information
Complete this form and we’ll get in touch with information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
Advance Your Career in Health Care Administration
Methodist University’s health care administration programs feature 100% online courses that prepare you to advance from an entry-level manager to mid-level or senior-level administrator roles. Benefit from our forward-thinking approach to health care administration as you learn from professionals with extensive experience in the field.
Our online health care admin degrees provide the necessary leadership skills to manage medical professionals in many types of health care settings. Request information today.
Methodist University offers distinctive educational experiences in a flexible format that fits your schedule. You’ll receive the same academic support as on-campus students, with personalized assistance that includes access to our tutoring and writing centers.
- Ranked No. 1 on Niche’s 2022 Most Diverse Colleges in North Carolina list1
- Offering a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio to more than 2,000 students
- A best-value school where nearly 100% of students receive financial aid
- Delivering health care administration programs on full-time or part-time schedules
Find the Online Program for Your Goals
We offer health care administration degrees at the undergraduate and graduate levels, enabling you to move your career forward.
Gain the skills needed to demonstrate advanced proficiency and become an inclusive patient advocate for a more meaningful impact in the EMS profession. Choose from optional specializations including a Certificate in Critical Care Medicine, Minor in Community Paramedicine, or Minor in Essentials for the Future Physician Assistant. Complete this program in as few as two years and graduate ready to advance in your career.
Gain an introductory insight into the field by learning health care theory in one of the few AUPHA-accredited programs in North Carolina. You will adopt management principles and techniques for overseeing health systems operations and complete an internship to build the real-world experience needed to succeed in the field. On average, students complete the program in 3.5 to 4.5 years.
Continue your studies to earn a baccalaureate credential for expanded professional opportunities with Methodist University’s online RN to BSN degree completion program. You will complete nine degree-specific courses to build on previous learning and field experience. We allow students to transfer up to 93 semester hours, enabling most students to finish their program in one year.
An associate degree or diploma in nursing is required for admission.
Prepare to secure executive positions in health care administration in as few as 18 months. The program instills skills the health care sector values, such as leadership, teaching, research, and financial tools. After finishing Methodist University’s online MHA program, you will have qualifications for identifying cutting-edge solutions to the complex challenges health care administrators face.
Join this 36-credit, two-year program to develop abilities that nursing management and leadership positions demand. Methodist University’s expert faculty instill advanced knowledge and skills for guiding clinical decision-making and contributing to patient-centered care.
A BSN is required for admission.
Build essential skills to practice ethical leadership, facilitate collaboration, and shape your executive leadership style in this program designed for the next generation of nurse leaders. Experience real-world application of knowledge gained from coursework through 1,000 practicum hours to graduate prepared to advance in your career.
Expand your nursing skills and prepare to teach in various health care and academic roles, from staff development coordinator to undergraduate classroom instructor. Methodist University designed the online Graduate Nursing Education Certificate to meet requirements for nursing faculty in North Carolina as regulated by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. You can finish this program in one year.
A BSN degree is required for admission. We encourage students with a master’s degree to sit for the Certified Nurse Educator Exam upon program completion.
Acquire qualifications for advancing your career in less than 12 months through Methodist University’s Graduate Certificate in Health Care Administration. The online certificate helps you develop an impressive knowledge base encompassing health care policy and organizational finance while enabling you to hone your leadership skills.
About Methodist University
Founded in 1956 as a liberal arts college, Methodist University now serves approximately 2,000 students from across the U.S. and more than 50 countries. Our expert faculty members offer top-tier experiences, nurturing moral values and ethical decision-making while preparing students for many careers and pursuits.Request Info
Empowering and Flexible Online Programs
We design each online program to match the quality of in-person classes, regardless of where you are. You’ll learn from expert faculty in a flexible environment that lets you study at the times and locations that work best for you. Moreover, you will access the same guidance and support offered on campus, getting assistance from student advisors, enrollment counselors, and tuition planners from the moment you enroll through graduation.
Health Care Administration Programs for Multiple Experience Levels
Methodist University helps you take the next step of your career, whether you want to enter the health care field or aspire to executive-level roles. With the online bachelor’s in health care administration program (124 credit hours), you can gain a foundational understanding of solutions to health care’s economic, behavioral, and policy challenges. If you already work in health care, seeking our online master’s in health administration (36 credit hours) can raise your abilities to the next level by building your expertise in marketing, legal issues, statistics, and more. We also offer a graduate certificate (15 credit hours) that instills business and leadership skills through a health care lens in as little as two semesters.
Qualify for Higher-Level Health Care Careers
With Methodist University’s health care administration programs, you can achieve upward mobility in one of America’s fastest-growing industries. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the employment of medical and health services managers will increase by 28% from 2021 to 2031 — nearly six times the average for all occupations.2 After finishing your online program, you’ll have qualifications for rewarding opportunities offering tremendous job stability and impressive salaries.
Careers in Health Care Administration and Beyond
- Medical and Health Services Manager: $101,340 per year2
- Health Care Human Resources Manager: $99,870 per year3
- Facilities Manager: $99,290 per year4
- Nursing Home Administrator: $93,694 per year5
- Health Care Program Director: $82,481 per year6
- Health Care Consultant: $80,101 per year7
- Clinical Manager: $73,461 per year8
- Health Care Administrator: $70,635 per year9
- Medical Office Administrator: $65,908 per year10
- Clinic Administrator: $62,087 per year11
Request More InformationRequest Info
Sources and Disclaimer:
- Niche. “2022 Most Diverse Colleges in North Carolina.” Retrieved August 25, 2022, from https://www.niche.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Medical and Health Services Managers.” Retrieved September 13, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Human Resources Managers: Pay.” Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Administrative Services and Facilities Managers.” Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Nursing Home Administrator Salary.” Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Program Director, Healthcare Salary.” Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Healthcare Consultant Salary.” Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Clinical Manager Salary.” Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Health Care Administrator Salary.” Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Medical Office Administrator Hourly Pay.” Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/
- Payscale. “Average Clinic Administrator Salary.” Retrieved August 26, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
*As a new online program for Spring 2024, this program is currently pending SACSCOC approval.