Online Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Experience a top-tier education in a flexible online format.
Request More Information
Complete this form and we’ll get in touch with information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
up to 93 Credit Hours
Part-Time or Full-Time Study Options
A Versatile Degree That Aligns With Many Career Fields
Earn one of the most versatile degrees available in a flexible learning environment. The online bachelor’s in psychology program from Methodist University features small class sizes and research projects to provide real-world experience for a wide range of careers. We offer two optional concentrations in counseling/clinical or human performance psychology so you can customize your degree for your goals.
As a major, psychology applies to employment opportunities across the job market. MU’s online BS in Psychology program focuses on practical experience, providing the foundation you need for graduate study or many entry-level occupations.
Methodist University offers distinctive educational experiences in a flexible format that fits your schedule. You’ll receive the same academic support as on-campus students, with personalized assistance that includes access to our tutoring and writing centers.
- Ranked No. 1 on Niche’s 2022 Most Diverse Colleges in North Carolina list1
- Full-time and part-time schedules for meeting your work and family commitments
- Students can transfer up to 93 semester hours to our undergraduate programs
- A proud Military Friendly® school and participant in the Yellow Ribbon program
Explore concentrations that apply to counseling and human performance careers.
Prepare to apply psychology when addressing everyday life and psychological challenges by selecting a concentration that merges two major psychological fields. You can develop skills related to diagnosis, clinical interview procedures, behavior analysis, and more — ideal for working in autism and substance abuse treatment fields or pursuing opportunities in school systems and community mental health services.
Learn how to make systems, machines, and products safer and more effective while studying how to enhance organizational productivity and satisfaction. You can prepare for a wide range of jobs in human resources, machine design, and the machine/human interface field.
About Methodist University
Founded in 1956 as a liberal arts college, Methodist University now serves approximately 2,000 students from across the U.S. and more than 40 countries. Our expert faculty members offer top-tier experiences, nurturing moral values and ethical decision-making while preparing students for many careers and pursuits.Request Info
Empowering and Flexible Online Programs
We design each online program to match the quality of in-person classes, regardless of where you are. You’ll learn from expert faculty in a flexible environment that lets you study at the times and locations that work best for you. Moreover, you will access the same guidance and support offered on campus, getting assistance from student advisors, enrollment counselors, and tuition planners from the moment you enroll through graduation.
Gain Relevant Knowledge for Your Professional Ambitions
With Methodist University’s online bachelor’s in psychology program, you can develop a firm understanding of psychological functioning while learning to apply psychology to enhance human life. The program also instills skills in critical thinking, data analysis, communication, and other areas that apply to numerous roles and industries. You can customize your program by choosing from a range of electives or two optional concentrations.
Discover a World of Career Possibilities
What can you do by earning a BS in Psychology? There’s really no limit. Many graduates enter a master’s program to pursue a career in counseling or psychology. You could also seek entry-level roles in substance abuse counseling or apply your knowledge in human resources or management.
Careers in Psychology and Beyond
- Social and Community Service Manager: $74,000 per year2
- Substance Abuse or Behavioral Disorder Counselor: $48,520 per year3
- Case Manager: $43,084 per year4
- Rehabilitation Specialist: $44,749 per year5
- Human Resources Manager: $126,230 per year6
- Business Administrator: $57,757 per year7
- Management: $102,450 per year8
Request More InformationRequest Info
- Niche. “2022 Most Diverse Colleges in North Carolina.” Retrieved August 25, 2022, from https://www.niche.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Social and Community Service Managers.” Retrieved August 30, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors.” Retrieved August 30, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- Payscale. “Average Case Manager Hourly Pay.” Retrieved August 30, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. “Average Rehabilitation Specialist Hourly Pay.” Retrieved August 30, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Human Resources Managers.” Retrieved August 30, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Average Business Administrator Salary.” Retrieved August 30, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Management Occupations.” Retrieved August 30, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.