Online Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Technology
Experience a top-tier education in a flexible online format.
Request More Information
Complete this form and we’ll get in touch with information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
124 Semester Hours
Acquire IT Skills for Innovative Careers
Equip yourself with an array of technical and business skills with the online Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Technology degree. Methodist University’s program goes beyond the curriculum of other top online IT programs, enabling you to explore advanced technologies and learn established business practices.
This program offers courses you would expect to take while pursuing a Bachelor of Information Technology online, such as Computer Science and Database Management classes. But our program goes further, offering two concentrations in business information systems and cybersecurity and information assurance. As such, you can engage in a computer science education that helps you prepare to join businesses or cybersecurity employers.
Methodist University offers distinctive educational experiences in a flexible format that fits your schedule. You’ll receive the same academic support as on-campus students, with personalized assistance that includes access to our tutoring and writing centers.
- Ranked No. 1 on Niche’s 2022 Most Diverse Colleges in North Carolina list1
- Offering a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio to more than 2,000 students
- Gain expertise for entering a field projected to grow faster than most other occupations2
- Benefit from our 85% job-placement rate for graduates
Choose the concentration that matches your professional goals.
Stand out for technology roles by developing a blend of computer and business skills to create applications and solve real-world problems. You can acquire database management competencies by exploring data structures, diverse web technologies, and software programming concepts.
Prepare to meet the rising demand for tech professionals capable of configuring operating systems and developing remote access solutions. The courses focus on concepts that align with many industry certifications, including Certified Ethical Hacker, Network+, Security+, Cloud+, Cyber Security, and Cloud Security.
About Methodist University
Founded in 1956 as a liberal arts college, Methodist University now serves approximately 2,000 students from across the U.S. and more than 40 countries. Our expert faculty members offer top-tier experiences, nurturing moral values and ethical decision-making while preparing students for many careers and pursuits.Request Info
Empowering and Flexible Online Programs
We design each online program to match the quality of in-person classes, regardless of where you are. You’ll learn from expert faculty in a flexible environment that lets you study at the times and locations that work best for you. Moreover, you will access the same guidance and support offered on campus, getting assistance from student advisors, enrollment counselors, and tuition planners from the moment you enroll through graduation.
Build a Mix of Technical and Business Skills
Gain knowledge of numerous enterprise functions, including network and system administration and how to develop web-based systems. We offer each course in a 100% online format, enabling you to earn your degree without visiting campus. The core courses introduce you to these concepts and more:
Innovate What’s Next in Your Career
Methodist University’s online BS in Computer Information Technology program appeals to students interested in learning business principles rarely taught in even the best online IT degree programs. Get started to develop technical and business qualifications needed in the financial, insurance, and technology sectors. Plus, prepare to join MU’s graduates at industry-leading organizations, including Amazon, Google, and SAAS.
5 In-Demand Technology Careers
- Software Engineer: $110,140 per year3
- Business Analyst: $100,910 per year4
- Database Developer: $98,860 per year5
- User Interface Designer: $95,460 per year6
- Computer Programmer: $93,000 per year7
Request More InformationRequest Info
- Niche. “2022 Most Diverse Colleges in North Carolina.” Retrieved August 25, 2022, from https://www.niche.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Computer and Information Technology Occupations.” Retrieved August 25, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Software Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Testers.” Retrieved August 25, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- O*NET OnLine. “Business Intelligence Analysts: 15-2051.01.” Retrieved August 25, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Database Administrators and Architects.” Retrieved August 25, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2021: 15-1255 Web and Digital Interface Designers.” Retrieved August 25, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Computer Programmers.” Retrieved August 25, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.